Balmain - Blue Label coming soon

For us regular nine to five-ers, attaining a Balmain anything is going to cost us at least an arm, a leg, a neck, a boob, all ten toes, both ears, and definitely each and every one of our vital organs; the price of a tee is approx. $1200 and a Balmain dress is over $50,000. Yes. I know the level of shock you're in. But you can proceed to breathe again and close your mouth now because the word is... Christophe Decarnin, the head designer of Balmain since 2005, is producing a more recession-safe label called Blue Label to reach out to more potential customers who can't throw down $17,000 for a Balmain tuxedo jacket (FYI, that's us). It's timed to come out next Fall and is said to be 40 to 50 percent lower than the runway line. Hmmmm... so if I do the math, a Balmain tee will cost me approx. $500 to $1500 (if I want sparkles on it) and a Balmain floor-sweeping or thigh-hugging dress will cost me approx. $12,000 to $25,000 (plus tax, unless you live in Portland...). Hmmmmm. Well isn't that comforting and encouraging. I guess I can just wait for GILT, which by the way is a great site to purchase designer labels for up to 70 percent off. I encourage you to use it. You can thank me later! (I like my steak medium-rare soaked in balsamic vinaigrette, with a fresh spring salad on the side served with a well-aged Merlot. Thanks.)


(photo: model Daria Werbowy in Balmain, US Vogue, May '09)

No comments:

Post a Comment