LOOKBOOK.nu

Bored at work so I'm going to blog. ha.



LOOKBOOK.nu is actually an interesting site. These aren't models... although some can be. They're normal kids like us who have a flair for fashion and want to share it with the whole world through this site. How I became a member.. I don't know.. but I got lucky (it's by invitation only). I get some of my inspiration from this site and try to apply it to my daily/weekendly outfits. It's kinda difficult to pull some of the looks off since this is only Seattle after all. Some of these kids are as young as 15. I'm amazed by their sense of maturity in style. When I was 15, I didn't know what the word "denim" was. To me, they were just "jeans" or merely "pants".

For now, I'm inspired by the first look. It's simple but it's v. loud. I know exactly what you are going to say: Aren't those MC Hammer pants? They're not MC Hammer pants. They're called Harlem pants, and they can either go long or mid-length. Personally, I'm a huge fan. I know it can look silly but I have a couple pairs of my own and they're soooo comfortable. And I like the silhouette it creates. sigh.. love it.

If work didn't have a dress code, the last look would pretty much be my daily attire. I love flannels, as we all know by now. It's definitely a throwback from the 1990s when Nirvana and Shawn from "Boy Meets World" ruled my reality. I loved it back then, and I love it just as much and more now.

No comments:

Post a Comment