Daul Kim


I'm not in the modeling biz, and I'm not a celebrity in any kind of way either (obviously) so I can't relate to the incident about International model Daul Kim's death this morning. She was found dead in her apartment in Paris. When I read the name Daul Kim (you can follow the link to her blog), it rang a bell... She was the only Korean model that I recognized on the runways! I remember when I was flipping through 2007 Spring/Summer shows when I saw her. With a frame of 5'10" and an androgynous face (a HUGE plus in the modeling industry), and of course being a fellow Korean, I was envious and so proud at the same time. Having models of a different race walk the runways in acknowledgeable numbers was just starting to come into the fashion scene. She debuted back in 2007 and was then known for her blonde hair (not natural of course). She was incredibly beautiful and had a striking presence. She will be missed by many...


No comments:

Post a Comment