Rihanna's New Single "Russian Roulette"

I heard this song on the radio this morning on the way to work, and I kind of have mixed feelings about it. I usually like the material she's been coming out with lately, but this one (written by Ne-Yo) seems to be somewhat plain and sounds like there's something missing. It's also a little reminiscent of early to mid-90's pop slow jams, which is kinda cool I guess since some of the newer music today are bringing the old vibes back. I like the lyrics and the intense/dramatic beat in the back, and yes I am aware that it is v. emo. Anticipating on the music video... You can't really understand the music until you watch the vid; Sometimes there's a hidden meaning you can't hear just by listening to it. I'm hoping there's going to be a remix of it coming out soon, though. What do you think? Yay, Nay, or Eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment